powerbook 17"

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 2 09:30:01 2003

Adrian:

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 09:56  AM, Adrian wrote:
> I have powerbook 17" with GeForce4 MX.
> Can i install Yellowdoglinux ?

Unfortunately, no:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/
index.php?hw_cat_id=4>

"While video, sound, ethernet, and the primary functions are enabled
with a set of beta ISOs available from the mirrors, thermal management
is _not_ enabled. Therefore, running YDL on the 17" MAY CAUSE PERMANENT
DAMAGE and is therefore not recommended at this point in time. There is
no slated schedule for support of thermal management.

"As a result, we do not support the PowerBook 17"."

Sorry!

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>