Mounting a second HDD, Still.....

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 2 14:51:00 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 14:47, mascarasnake wrote:
> Howdy Ho, All!
>
> I've been trying and trying to mount a second SCSI HDD (empty, formatted
> hfs standard).It is recognized in MOL, and I'm wanting to use it as a
> quick transfer from OS9 to Linux.
>
> I.ve tried:
> mount /mnt/macos
> 	and
> mount -t hfs /dev/sda /mnt/macos
>
> and I receive:
> mount: mount point /mnt macos does not exists
>
> If I go to the KickDog and open Info Center, It is detected there, and I
> can force it to mount, but it appears as a mirror to the drive I have
> linux on. It then refuses to unmount and crashes the system, forcing me
> to reboot to access in anything but safe mode.

A Big Ol' Nevermind here! Wah (expletive) Hoo!

Here's what happened in case this may happen to others:
A very simple oversight that came to me while ozoning with a quick game
of mahjongg.

I hadn't *actually* created a directory called "macos" in the /mnt
directory. If this affliction does visit you, and you are certain that
you have done and are doing everything right, make sure that you do
this:

	# cd /mnt
	# mkdir macos

 then you can merrily:

	# mount -t hfs /dev/sda /mnt/macos

And Oh Happy Day, there's the %@%^#$&$*$% Hard Drive you spent the last
2 days trying to mount. I Think I'll put this up on one of those big,
ugly, glaring yellow Knotes so I can see how mind-numbingly oversighted
I can be.