PCMCIA Smartmedia Reader Not Working

Norbert Thepope yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Oct 5 09:02:01 2003

Hello:.

I'm running YDL 3.0 on a Powerbook G4 400 (TiBook).

Everything works great, except my PCMCIA Smartmedia
Reader.

Basically, PCMCIA starts on boot - at least that's
what it says, it actually dies shortly after it
starts.  So I start it manually - no big deal ("insmod
pcmcia_core" then "insmod yenta_socket" etc)  here's
where the problem is ...

cardmgr is looking for "ide-cs.o" when I insert the
Smartmedia reader - I don't have this file.  I do have
"ide-cs.c", but I do  not know how to compile it (I'm
pretty much a newbie still... ;)

So, can anyone tell me how to compile "ide-cs.c" or
where to download "ide-cs.o" fow YDL 3.0 on a TiBook
400?

Thanks in advance .....