How do I share DSL from my YD Linux computer?

Jorge Mauricio Hernandez Torres yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 6 13:16:01 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 14:05, Clinton MacDonald wrote:
> (My apologies if this message appears twice.)
>
> Friends:
>
> How can I share my DSL connection, using my Yellow Dog Linux machine (a
> Wallstreet PowerBook G3 Series) as a router? (Let's ignore the fact
> that this probably violates my terms of service agreement, which I will
> have to reread to be certain.)

Hi Clinton, in my short experience this can be with squid
http://www.squid-cache.org but you will need 2 network cards o maybe
just one, here is the trick ;) : from command-line just add

#ifconfig eth0:1 ip-address network-mask

v.g. ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.1.10
     ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.1.20

this is IP-ALIASING

of course you will need more information like activate ip-forward, and
more, but this is my small contribute to community

Hope this help
--
Jorge Mauricio Hernandez Torres <jmauricio@unixmexico.org>
PGP key 1024D/DDF2CC4C 2003-08-22