17" iMac and Display Power Management

Andy Watson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Oct 11 14:10:01 2003

Hello folks,

Has anyone managed to configure display power management on a iMac (lamp
style) so that it turns the display off after some duration (say, 5
minutes.)  Using YDL 3.0.1.

There are some configuration options under the advanced tab on screen
saver preferences, but I can't get them to do anything.

I have Power Management Enabled checked:
Standby After 2 minutes,
Suspend After 3 minutes,
Off After 5 minutes.

My monitor is whatever YDL 3.0.1 chose (it says "Monitor Model" under
Model name in the Display settings -> Advanced -> Monitor settings
dialog.  I did tell it the system was using the 17" LCD, but it chose
the monitor I described above.

Any insight out there?

Cheers,

Andy