OSX Update 10.2.8

Newsman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Oct 11 21:08:01 2003

On Saturday 11 October 2003 18:01, Omar El-Seaghi wrote:
> Hello HTH,
> 	I read your solution on how to work around this issue, I have a
> question, where do you do all the kernel building and patching, since I
> can not boot linux?  Should I do it in Mac OSX?  but then how would I
> transfer the kernel to linux, since I can't see the linux partition in
> Mac OSX?  as you can see I am pretty new to linux, so I am a little
> lost.  Thank you in Advance, Omar

Hi Omar,

First of all, HTH is shorthand for "Hope this helps;" it's neither my name nor
initials.

Try booting from the YDL install cd #1. At the boot prompt type "install
rescue," and follow the prompts. You'll be able to mount your existing Linux
partition that you currently are unable to access by normal means. I
downloaded the kernel source and patch by connecting an ethernet cable
between my laptop and router. Good luck.

HTH!