12" Power Book how to get an @ sign?? (Christopher TESSONE)

Christoph Bosshard yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 13 12:15:01 2003

--------------050003070409040106090600

    Christoph> Hello List Got my 1Ghz 12" Power book to work
    Christoph> nicely....

    Christoph> The only problem left is that I can not e-mail since I
    Christoph> can't find the @ sign on my keyboard.

    Christoph> On OsX the @ is mapped to alt+G...  Any hints about
    Christoph> keyboard configuration or the buttons I need to press
    Christoph> are appreciated!

Chris> I'm confused.  Does the 12" Powerbook have a wildly different keyboard
Chris> from other Apple laptops?  Why doesn't Shift-2 work?

I forgot to mention that my 12" Powerbook has a (Swiss)German keyboard layout...
Therefor alt+G is used under OsX.
Under Red Hat 9 (X86) I am used to the key combination AltGr+2.
No AltGr key on Apple gear   :-(

Any input is appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

--------------050003070409040106090600

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
    Christoph&gt; Hello List Got my 1Ghz 12" Power book to work
    Christoph&gt; nicely....

    Christoph&gt; The only problem left is that I can not e-mail since I
    Christoph&gt; can't find the @ sign on my keyboard.

    Christoph&gt; On OsX the @ is mapped to alt+G...  Any hints about
    Christoph&gt; keyboard configuration or the buttons I need to press
    Christoph&gt; are appreciated!

Chris&gt; I'm confused.  Does the 12" Powerbook have a wildly different keyboard
Chris&gt; from other Apple laptops?  Why doesn't Shift-2 work?

I forgot to mention that my 12" Powerbook has a (Swiss)German keyboard layout...
Therefor alt+G is used under OsX.
Under Red Hat 9 (X86) I am used to the key combination AltGr+2.
No AltGr key on Apple gear   :-(

Any input is appreciated.

Cheers
Chris