Anyone got a 802.11b PCMCIA card in a new 15" G4 PowerBook?

Duke Robillard yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 15 12:11:01 2003

From: Ed McKnight <edward.mcknight@sun.com>

 > The built-in card works quite well as 802.11b, just not as 802.11g. At
 > least it did on my "old" 15" Powerbook--there are a variety of things
 > not working correctly with the "new" one, including X, so I haven't
 > gotten as far as exercising the wireless on the new one.

The word I got from from TerraSoft is that it doesn't work on the
new one:

   The unfortunate thing is that AirPort Extreme doesn't use PCMCIA,
   but Micro-PCI. There just aren't any Linux drivers for this

Not that I really *need* one of the new 15"-ers, but that's what
seems to be available.  Apple hardware is so great for leftover/closeout
stuff.  :-)

Duke