tulip stability?

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 20 23:37:01 2003

I'm seeing regular hard lockups on a PowerTowerPro with G4/800 Sonnet
card, running YDL3.0, yum updated (to 3.0.1 I presume). Currently
have the 2.4.23-pre5-ben0 kernel running, but I've noticed this ever
since installing 3.0. It took me this long to figure out that the
lockups are related to the Farallon 10/100 card I've got in it,
and/or the tulip driver it uses. If I switch to the 10BT mace driver
and use the built-in port, all stability is restored.

Does anyone know of any issues with this config?

Stefan Jeglinski