libmysqlclient.so.10

John Kebbel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 29 19:18:01 2003

Last night, I reinstalled YDL 3.0 as workstation instead of server. I
lost mySQL doing this, and as I explained in an earlier post today, Yum
isn't working so I couldn't download the set of packages I need to
reinstall mySQL (so I could apply the advice I got from some of you
about starting mySQL back in the good old days when I had mySQL
installed).

Anyway, I started dragging packages off my installer CDs and started
manually working my way through the dependencies. I got stuck at
libmysqlclient.so.10, which I couldn't find on the CDs and doesn't
appear as a standalone ppc rpm anywhere I could find.

(1) Is ibmysqlclient.so.10 contained inside another package, and if so,
(2) does anyone know a location for a ppc rpm for this package? Install
from source code? Well, I've been using Linux off and on for a few years
now, but I have never compiled source code because of the trauma of my C
and C++ classes at the local community college. If there's no other
solution, I guess it's time to dive in to source code.