Prolog on YDL

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 30 15:25:00 2003

At 15:55 -0600 on 2003-10-30 Joseph R. L. Simkins wrote:

 > I have a need for Prolog. The GNU Prolog site claims to support PPC
 > but I was not able to figure how to install it. The site left me very
 > confused. Has anyone actually installed Prolog from there, and if so
 > how? I am running YDL 3.0 on a Dual USB iBook. TIA.

Never tried GNU Prolog unfortunately, but I am very happy with, and I
thus recommend SWI Prolog (http://www.swi-prolog.org/).  It is more
than reasonably fast, GPL-ed, and fully implements the Edinborough as
well as the ISO Prolog standard, so I never looked into other
implementations.  My students in the AI course seem to very happy with
it too.  Oh yeah, it builds on PPC systems without the slightest
problem.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.