Error messages during booting process?

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 31 09:16:01 2003

BadCRC means that the kernel detected that data is being corrupted
somewhere between the computer and drive.  How old is your hard
drive?  If old, it "may" be going bad.  If new, it could be your
cable.  Shut down the computer, open the case visually inspect your
IDE cables, remove them carefully, really look at them, if bad
replace it.  If not, replace carefully, sometimes just reseating
cables makes all the difference.  If this does not resolve your
issue, I read somewhere once that the G3 motherboard IDE controllers
have issues with certain Hard drives.  To resolve this at the command
line type:

hdparm -X34 /dev/hda

mode 2

If this resolves it, voila!  That is your problem, if not you can
switch back to UltraDMA by typing:

hdparm -X66 /dev/hda

UltraDMA

I hope this helps, and Good luck!!!