Builing applications that depend on OpenSSL

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 1 09:44:01 2003

At 17:29 +0200 on 2003-9-1 Jann Roder wrote:

 > If you try to build applications which depend on openSSL, you will always
 > get an error because some Kerberos5 includes cannot be found. Although
 > they're installed, they don't seem to be in the include path. How do you
 > change the includepath on YDL ? The includes that cannot be found are in
 > this directory: /usr/kerberos/include/

What I did when I encountered this was to pass to the preprocessor the
flag -I/usr/kerberok/include by setting CPPFLAGS, as in

setenv CPPFLAGS -I/usr/kerberos/include; ./configure

(csh syntax).  Took me some time to figure out the problem though, but
then I am used (sick, tired) of the RedHat "enhancements" (read:
deviations from what one would expect)--I still hurt from the
attrocious hacks I had to perform in order to obtain a "Favourites"
menu.

Now that I think of it, symlinking the Kerberos include directory to
/usr/include/kerberos should solve the problem quite nicely, though I
have not tried this (will as soon as I encounter another package built
that uses those includes).

Speaking of which, I want to pass extra CFLAGS to rpmbuild.  How in
the world do I do this?  The majority of the SRPMs I have seen just
ignore the CFLAGS environment variable.  Any suggestion or pointer to
documentation is appreciated.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.