Cannot make modules

Pat Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 1 13:41:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-2-386167655

> Now, I can go through make dep and make vmlinux, but make modules
> fails.
> Below is the copy of the last lines of the log. I don't understand it
> at
> all. I only observe that the same errors are found in different files.

Charles:

Try this --

In your /usr/src directory, make sure you have two symlinks that point
to the /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8d directory -- one named linux and one
named linux-2.4.

I found that on my ANS700 (thanks to eddie b) that the compiler could
not find its files correctly unless the extra symlink was in place.

Bet that works for you.

Pat
~~~~~~<<<>>>~~~~~~
Pat.Plummer.MD
ppat@ida.net
blacksun@ix.gotdns.org
~~~~~~<<<>>>~~~~~~
--Apple-Mail-2-386167655

<excerpt>Now, I can go through make dep and make vmlinux, but make
modules fails.

Below is the copy of the last lines of the log. I don't understand it
at

</color></excerpt>

Charles:

Try this --

In your /usr/src directory, make sure you have two symlinks that point
to the /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8d directory -- one named linux and one
named linux-2.4.

I found that on my ANS700 (thanks to eddie b) that the compiler could
not find its files correctly unless the extra symlink was in place.

Bet that works for you.

Pat

Pat.Plummer.MD

ppat@ida.net