Airport config - Almost there (I guess)

Michael Baer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 2 15:45:01 2003

>>>>> "Kristian" == Kristian T <linux@commission.dk> writes:

In the past (i.e. OS <= 9.x), I don't know if this is true in OS X or
not, Apple would hash the key value for their wireless networks unless
you entered it in a specific way (I don't remember exactly, maybe $hex
or something more normal like 0xhex). I also never had to deal with
this problem on an airport base station, but I have come across
instructions on the internet on how to do this (so at some point the
instructions were out there somewhere).

This may be your problem. A quick check would be to turn off
encryption for your network and see if the wireless can connect
successfully.

Mike

--
ydl@mikesoffice.com