Changing security/firewall settings without GUI

Robert Davis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 2 19:14:01 2003

Hi YDL neighbors,

I know that Yellowdog 3.0 has a GUI tool to allow
configuration of the firewall / security settings
(It's called Security Level and it's under the System
Settings menu).  However, on my installation, saving
changes to this screen has no effect.  On the GUI
Security Level screen I choose "no firewall".  I save
the setup, exit the Security Level screen, but when I
re-open it, the setting reappears as "HIGH".  (For
what it's worth, on my install, I also chose "no
firewall", and that did not take.)

I would like to go around the GUI and update the
relevant files directly.  Does anyone know what files
need to be updated to change this setting?  I'm simply
trying to open up my machine to my local network and
it's refusing all connections.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Robert