how to map Command key to Esc on X - SOLVED

Aurelio Marinho Jargas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 2 19:18:00 2003

hi michael,

you are absolutely right! :)))

on the console the Command key is keycode 125
on X, it is keycode 115

i was not aware of that xev command.
thank you very much!

/me is now a happy thumb user for Enter and Esc

aurélio - http://aurelio.net
ibook 300MHz, 64M RAM, 3.2G HD

 --- Michael Baer <ydl@mikesoffice.com> escreveu: >

>     A> i think i don't use the Command key (the apple one), so i
>     A> wanted to map it to Esc.
>
>     A> i like linux on the text mode, so i've changed my current
>     A> keyboard mapping "us-acentos" to do the maping:
>     A> keycode 125 = Escape Escape
>
>     A> but as now i play with some mozilla and other graphic
> monsters,
>     A> i wanted to do the same mapping under X.  i'm 100% Luser on X,
>     A> and tryed to play with the xmodmap command.
>
> On my keyboard 115 is the apple key (A first generation Ti), 125 may
> be the incorrect number.
>
> You might try 'xev' it will open a window and any X events (including
> key presses, but also mouse movements, etc...) in that window will
> have their corresponding information output in the terminal you ran
> xev from.
[...]
> You can use this to see more reliably what X thinks the keycode is
> for a particular key on your machine.

Desafio AntiZona: participe do jogo de perguntas e respostas que vai
dar um Renault Clio, computadores, câmeras digitais, videogames e muito
mais! www.cade.com.br/antizona