Fwd: Xine video output proble

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Sep 6 00:12:01 2003

Hi Anonymous,

On Fri Sep 5 2003, Anonymous wrote:

> I have a problem with dvd player... After many problems i have compil
> xine.
>
> When i start it, i can play a dvd, i have a good sound, but i have a
> green screen, and i see a little my dvd in background of the green...
>
> I have try to change my display setting, but i can't modify the video
> driver... I use YDL 3 on a PB G4 400 with an ATI 8Mo

Are you using xine-lib-1-rc0a?  If so this sounds very similar to a
bug I reported and which is fixed in xine-lib CVS.  In my case I had
all pink video.

If it is the same bug, edit the config.h file in the xine-lib source
directory.  Change the line:

/* #undef ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED_MAX */

to:

#define ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED_MAX 64

Then do a "make clean", "make", and "make install".  _DO NOT_ rerun
the configure script as the bug is in the configure script.

If it is the same bug, then you should be in business.

xine is great!  It plays CDs, it plays DVDs, it plays all kind of
media files (like the latest revolutions_640_dl.mov full screen
Matrix Revolutions QuickTime movie trailer).

						-Good luck

						-Bill