X11 configuration

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Sep 14 15:49:01 2003

Somehow, my XF86Config from install got all loused up.  I have tried
Xautoconfig, but that sets my system to unknown-unknown.  Resolution is good,
but the color is 8 bit.

So I ran the Display settings from the YDL pulldown and under Advanced it was
able to detect the card (though I had to manually set the RAM to 16MB) and the
monitor.  I saved the settings.

Restarting X, I get the error: "(EE) R128(0): Cannot read V_BIOS (5)" followed
by a bunch of (probably meaningless) unresolved reference messages.

I cannot find the utility that the install used (xf86config4?) to configure
X11 to try to fix it.

My booting problem seems to have healed.  I don't know how...  But now I'm
stuck on this one...

Thanks!
-Michael