Wireless through PCMCIA...Anyone?

Scott Moore yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 16 08:34:23 2003

There seems to be a few who have got wireless networking through the
PCMCIA slot on their Powerbook G3.  While it is pretty simple to add a
hermes file to Mandrake to get it working, I would prefer to have it in
Yellow Dog.

I am using an orinoco class card.  The yenta-socket driver(?) appears
to be missing, as I can't even get power to the card.  Anyone have the
definitive guide to getting YDL 3.0 working over wireless?  Sure seems
like TerraSoft would post a how-to on something this important...

Yes, I paid for my copy of YDL.  Everything else works great!

Thanks,

Scott