Wireless Through PCMCIA- Working!

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 17 06:04:01 2003

Bill's the man.  I had screwed up this script before, not being very
terminal-savvy, but is works like a dream now.  Thanks a million.  The
lovely dual-beeps were music to my ears, then all I did was use the Red
Hat graphical network tool to configure my card

I have to do this at each reboot, correct?

Scott

> I've had only a little bit of trouble getting this to work, Scott.
>
> I have a PB 3400c and I've noticed that the pcmcia start is really
> hokey. It
> just doesn't come up.
>
> I have a script that looks like this:
>
>    #!/bin/sh
>    modprobe pcmcia_core
>    modprobe yenta_socket
>    modprobe ds
>
>    exec service pcmcia start
>
> and since I wrote this, I haven't had a problem. I just run this after
> it's
> booted and life becomes happy and gay once again.
>
> I don't understand why you don't have yenta_socket. All the modules I
> needed
> were installed for me. Take another look through the RPMs, perhaps.
>
> Bill

D. Scott Moore, Bass Trombone
Music Department
Gustavus Adolphus College