XFree86

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 17 12:27:00 2003

At 18:55 +0100 on 2003-9-17 Jonathan Hudson wrote:

 > (the bh2x is because I added the latest DRM from X CVS to bh2;
 > this, plus the latest CVS XFree86 (4.3.99.11 or later) means that
 > my G4 Powerbook suspends and restores reliably (actually, I suspect
 > it's the X driver rather than DRM that fixes this).

Speaking of X on the Powerbook, how does it handle video mirroring on
the DVI port?  The stock YDL 2.3 XFree86 (probably 4.2, the one that
would not support sleeping in any case) did mirror the display, no
problem.  XFree 4.3.0 (compiled from sources, does support sleeping
alright and also DRI) does not.

The kernel module (radeonfb) is alright, I can turn the CRT on and off
using both m6mirror and m7mirror, and I get a white screen when I turn
the thing on.  Further, I did try the old kernel under which mirroring
positively worked (it no longer does so with XFree86 4.3.0).  This
let me conclude that X is actually the culprit.

Is there any evidence that the CVS XFree86 restores such a
functionality?

System details: Tibook rev. III (Radeon Mobility M7), Linux
2.4.22-ben2, glibc 2.3.1 (stock YDL), GCC 3.3, XFree86 4.3.0 (compiled
from sources).

Any sugestion is appreciated.

Regards,
Stefan

P.S.  Anybody managed to make sound input work on the Tibook?  Pretty
please...

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.