Moving Files Between YDL Machines

Patrick Larkin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 17 13:17:01 2003

Hello -

I need to automate the movement of files between machines.  I need to
move datafiles created on a MacOS X machine to two YDL machines.  I
need to be able to script the transfer and to use cron to run move the
files at a precise time.

I've looked into scripting FTP but I'd rather not run FTP daemons.
I've looked into using ssh/scp but can't find a definitive way to
script the transfer.  I also looked into curl but again, it seems that
I need to be running FTP.

What would be the best and most secure way to move files around?  Is it
possible to "mount" the OS X machine as a volume and just do a cp?  Any
help appreciated, as always.

Patrick