Moving Files Between YDL Machines

Longman, Bill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 17 13:47:00 2003

> Subject: Re: Moving Files Between YDL Machines
>

> You might want to look into rcp.
>
>   I know it is available for OS X (it either installs by
> default or with
> the developer tools cd, I'm not sure which). It uses
> reasonably secure
> authentication (kerberos) although it does not encrypt or tunnel the
> data stream between the two machines. You might be able to tunnel it
> through ssh if you need that much security.

Can you not just use NFS? Surely you can find an NFS client for OS X
somewhere.

The other thing you could possibly do is use WebDAV. You'd need to fire up
Apache with DAV enabled on the YDL machines. Lord knows how you'd script it
unless you can mount the volumes.

Finally, you should look at setting up netatalk on the YDL boxen. That might
get you where you want to go most quickly.

Caveat: I'm a Win/Solaris/Linux/x86 guy with lots of experience. I'm a total
Mac noob.