B&W G3 drive problems

sloopy malibu yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 18 09:26:01 2003

On 9/16/03 11:03, "Michael George" <george@auroravideosys.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, September 14, 2003, at 02:22  PM, Clinton C.MacDonald wrote:
>> On Sunday, September 14, 2003, at 11:36 AM, Michael George wrote:
>>> P.S. Is there a way to search all the archives for strings?  I'll
>>> I've found so far is that I can list the archive contents by subject,
>>> author, and thread, but that might allow me to miss something
>>> useful...  Thx!
>>
>> I'm pretty much a newbie, so I don't know the answers to any of your
>> questions -- except this one!
>>
>> Yellow Dog actually has a pretty good archives search (powered by
>> Google). Look at the top of any page -- say, the home page:
>>
>> <http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/>
>>
>> -- and you will see two search fields. The one on the left is for the
>> YDL Web site, and the one on the right is for the discussion lists
>> (like yellowdog-general).
>
> Well cool!  I didn't notice the one for the archives.  My problem has
> gone away, but I'm sure I'll still find this info useful!
>
> Thanks!
> -Michael

I have been busy the last couple days but I have a B&W G3 (originally a
400Mhz and came with the two connector cable and dual drive sled) and I
bought a 120Gig WD drive and had pretty much the same problems with it...
Even tho I HAD Two maxtor drives (20 & 40gig) in it before I bought the
120Gig drive... It would give me problems even with it as the only drive on
the channel... I have since put the drive in my 9600 and given up on using
it in my B&W G3...

Also Linux ran great on my B&W G3 on the 20gig before I put the 120Gig drive
in the machine...

sloopy.