redhat-config-packages missing

Suman Chakrabarti yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 18 15:02:01 2003

There's something I don't understand about Jann's post below. I may
have been too simple

I was able to download the package and execute

rpm -ivh --nodeps redhat-config-packages

This didn't check for dependencies and did install the package, which
failed to work because it didn't have required packages.

How does the "rpm command tell you which packages are missing"? There
must be some other way of using "rpm" that isn't stated below?

		SC

>This is a repost of a message I posted:

-config-packages-1.1.8-1.noarch.rpm

>2. Install the required packages: The rpm command will tell you which ones
>are missing on my system it was: libxml2-phyton and another one. It does
>also require rpm-phyton >=3D4.2-0.61 which is not yet available as a packag=
>for YDL at the moment. However it will work with the lower version which YD=
>provides.
>
>3. install the package: rpm -ivh --nodeps redhat-config-packages
>
>4. open the file /usr/share/redhat-config-packages/method.py in your
>favourite text editor and change line 713 to read: self.packagesDir =3D
>"YellowDog/RPMS"
>
>5. Type redhat-config-packages & to run the utility
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Jann
>
>--
>Jann Roeder
><jann.roeder@web.de>
>ICQ: #29794099
>PGP key ID: 0xC4A1DB89

>--
>Jann Roeder
><jann.roeder@web.de>
>ICQ: #29794099
>PGP key ID: 0xC4A1DB89

Suman Chakrabarti, Ph.D.
Thermal / Fluids / Plasma Propulsion Modeling Engineer	(& Kitchen Sink)

TD40 / Propulsion Research Center		<Suman.Chakrabarti@nasa.gov>
NASA Marshall Space Flight Center		AIM/iChat:  <scstr@mac.com>
Huntsville, AL  35812
			Schedule:	<webcal://ical.mac.com/scstr/Work.ics>

TD40 is a part of the Space Transportation Directorate at NASA MSFC
Any opinion expressed is my own and not that of NASA

"If it's Sumanly possible, it'll be done."