redhat-config-packages missing

Suman Chakrabarti yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 18 15:25:01 2003

Answered my own question again, showing that Jann is more
knowledgeable than I. :)

A newbie *can't* skip using --nodeps when using the rpm command
below, because it still wants rpm-python and so won't install. So
Jann's command is a "workaround" to access YDL's lower version, as he
says.

I'll shut up now. :)

		SC

>Answered my own question.
>
>Just run this command without "nodeps" to see what you need. You
>need "comps-extras".
>
>Then after downloading and installing those items (or using yum),
>you can run it with "nodeps" to install it.
>
>For newbies like me, it might be easier just to tell them to run
>
>rpm -ivh redhat-config-packages-(whatever version info ends the file name)
>
>		SC
>
>>There's something I don't understand about Jann's post below. I may
>>have been too simple
>>
>>I was able to download the package and execute
>>
>>rpm -ivh --nodeps redhat-config-packages
>>

>>This didn't check for dependencies and did install the package,
>>which failed to work because it didn't have required packages.
>>
>>How does the "rpm command tell you which packages are missing"?
>>There must be some other way of using "rpm" that isn't stated below?
>>
>>		SC
>>
>>>This is a repost of a message I posted:

at-config-packages-1.1.8-1.noarch.rpm

>>>2. Install the required packages: The rpm command will tell you which one=
>>>are missing on my system it was: libxml2-phyton and another one. It does
>>>also require rpm-phyton >=3D4.2-0.61 which is not yet available as a pack=
age
>>>for YDL at the moment. However it will work with the lower version which =
YDL