OS X 10.2.8 causing problems for YDL 3.0?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 24 08:53:01 2003

> I've got a 12" Powerbook G4. I just upgraded OS X from version 10.2.6
> 10.2.8. Afterwards I noticed that the computer suddenly shutdown while
> attempting to boot into YDL 3.0.
>
> I use yaboot as my boot manager, and the shutdown occurs early in the
> YDL
> boot process, i.e., before the "Welcome to Yellow Dog Linux" message
> that
> appears in yellow text.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem and, if so, is there a fix?

> Yes. Same problem here on a TiBook. I make it past yaboot, the first
> few lines of boot code snap on the screen (before the YDL boot image),
> and the computer shuts down. It's so early in the process that the
> linux root partition never mounts.

> Under MacOS X, I mounted the bootstrap to a /Volume/temp folder and the
> contents are there and appear to be OK.

> I zapped the pram to with no results.

> Michael

Its not just the Powerbook my G4 towers, A 800 mhz G4 and my DP 450mhz G4
also have the same problems.  Another problem is with Darwin Pure 6.8 they
just released, if you try to start X, the server starts then freezes.
Apple has pulled the update, but I have tried to get a straight answer to
no progression.  Im going to try something new and if it works I will post
it.