EU Software Patents, was: Re: Future of YDL

Chris Croome yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Sep 27 12:04:00 2003

Hi

On Sat 27-Sep-2003 at 06:54:43PM +0200, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 10:42:21AM -0400, mascarasnake wrote:
> >
> > It appears the site has been
> > *temporarily?* shut down over patent concerns in the UK.I'm a US
> > citizen, but if there are any UK folks out there, theres a redirect to
> > the root of the prob with "how to help" info
>
> The amendment's been passed by the EU parlement (not the UK one).

This post to nettime is the best short summurys on what happened that I
have read:

  <nettime> European Parliament Decision against Software Patentability
  http://amsterdam.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-l-0309/msg00122.html

I dunno what will happen next...

Chris

--