tunconfig

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 1 23:28:01 2004

I added a G3 to my collection and loaded YDL 3.0. It loaded like a
dream. Even the update to YDL 3.0.1 using yum went with no hitches.

So why am I writing? MOL. It's fabulous, except I can't get it on the
network. I read through the man pages and found an interesting file and
instructions on tunconfig. Sadly, not enough of an explanation for
knuckleheads like me, at least without help. It could as well be written
in Greek - no offense meant to those working this list  in Greece. I
think it may have ot do with the fact that I'm not using this machine as
a server, DHCP or otherwise and I think the tunconfig is set up
believing that this G3 is a name server, dchp server, and all-around big
guy on the net.

Any suggestions on where to go for a more lengthy explanation of what
the settings do?

Thanks

Olaf