Text Mode-HELP PLEASE

Einbert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 2 05:19:01 2004

--Apple-Mail-1--478080132

Personaly, I changed nothing in yaboot.conf ; just modified 2 things in=20=

XF86Config file, namely under section device, I changed the driver to=20
fbdev (was r128 or ati) and the defaultdepth to 8 ... That's all.

Seeu

Chris

Le 30 mars 04, =E0 23:57, Gavin Hemphill a =E9crit :

> Personally I'm using video=3Datyfb:vmode:xx,cmode:32
> where the xx represents the vmode which is the native resolution of=20
> your screen.  You should be able to substitute aty128fb if necessary.
> 	G++
>
> Gavin wrote:
>>> On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 09:51:13AM -0800, Gavin wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Try this:
>>>
>>> boot: linux video=3Daty128fb:noaccel,1024x768
>>>
>>> Which sould give you a pretty plain-jane 640x480 @60Hz display, =
which
>>> most any VGA capable monitor can handle.
>>>
>>> You can tack the 'single' on the end, if you want to try this from=20=

>>> single-user
>>> mode.
>>>
>>> boot: linux single video=3Daty128fb:noaccel,1024x768
>>>
>> No luck Mike. Still does not work. Mike
>> Thanks for the help
>> Gav
CRT.
>> HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords>=20
>> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

> HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords> =
site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

--Apple-Mail-1--478080132

Personaly, I changed nothing in yaboot.conf ; just modified 2 things
in XF86Config file, namely under section device, I changed the driver
to <italic>fbdev</italic> (was r128 or ati) and the defaultdepth to 8
... That's all.

Seeu

Chris

Le 30 mars 04, =E0 23:57, Gavin Hemphill a =E9crit :

<excerpt>Personally I'm using video=3Datyfb:vmode:xx,cmode:32

where the xx represents the vmode which is the native resolution of
your screen.  You should be able to substitute aty128fb if necessary.

	G++

Gavin wrote:

<excerpt><excerpt>On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 09:51:13AM -0800, Gavin