No Floppy Drive?

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 3 21:15:01 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 19:35, Eric Schwarzkopf wrote:
> Where ismy floppy drive in YDL 2.3?
> I can see my CD-Burner, CD-Rom reader, and even my Zip100, but I can't find mt
> floppy...
> How do I get YDL 2.3 to use the floppy?

the floppy device is usually 'fd0' do
	]$ dmesg | grep floppy

it should output something like this:
	fd0: SWIM3 floppy controller

'fd0' is the important part. If your computer output something
different, write down whats before the ':' Next, do as root:
	]$ ln -s /dev/fd0 /dev/floppy; mkdir /mnt/floppy

if not already done, edit /etc/fstab and add a line for the floppy:
/dev/floppy     /mnt/floppy     auto     defaults,noauto,users,rw 1 0

(:Andrew:)