pcmcia wireless card on 15" Powerbook

Erik Winkler yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 5 04:54:01 2004

The PCMCIA slot should be supported under yellowdog.  I recommend
getting one of the Orinoco Classic Gold PCMCIA cards from Proxima.
Here is the listing from "cough" Dell's site:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?
sku=A0131429&cs=19&c=us&l=en.  You need to make sure it is a "Classic"
Gold card, otherwise it will not work under yellowdog or MacOS X for
that matter.  I am using one now with yellowdog on a 15" titanium
because the internal Airport card range is so poor and it works great.
Make sure to read the FAQs on the yellowdog site on how to setup a
wireless connection.  Setup should be the same as if you had the old
Airport card installed, as the "Classic" and the old Airport card use
the same chipset.

Erik