Announcing: PPC Linux Version of OpenOffice.org 1.1.1

Kevin B.Hendricks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 5 20:18:07 2004

Hi Ben,

The old JDK is the one I use with OOo.  I know that work is still
ongoing at Blackdown for PPC Linux since Sun expressed some interest in
it recently (but not enough to actually find me to do it) so I have
pretty much given up on it.  Frankly I use the IBM jdk 1.4.1 for almost
everything.  Unfortunately, the damn OOo source code requires a "Sun"
style JDK layout.

I recently had to fix OOo so it would work on the MacOSX JDK and now
that I am familiar with the code I can do the same for IBM's JDK.

They are actually very very close.  In fact, you can actually use
symlinks to fool OOo to accept the IBM JDK and then go ahead and use
it.

Once I reboot into PPC Linux I will dig up what symlinks I added and
send them to you and you can use them temporarily until I get the
source changes in the OOo tree.

Kevin