Announcing: PPC Linux Version of OpenOffice.org 1.1.1

Jason E. Stewart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 5 20:18:27 2004

"Kevin B.Hendricks" <kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca> writes:

> > (BTW. What kind of functionality Java brings to OOo that you don't have
> > in the first place ?)
> >

> Java is currently used both in the build itself and for
> - All accessibility features for handicapped and disabled (requires
> JDK 1.4.1)
> - Flat XML file filter
> - All jdbc database connectivity
> - Report Wizard features
> - Applets and java as used in Html web page editing
> - pocket excel and pocket word import features
> - XSLTFilter and Validation
> - docbook format filter
> - the java-uno bridge which allows Java components to talk to
> 	Basic and C++ components via the uno bridge
> - Used in the SDK to control and automate OOo
> - It is used along with rhino and js to provide scripting for OOo 2.0

Hey Kevin,

If we use the debian packages, can these facilities be added in later?
Or is it too late because they have been compiled out of the code?

I've been trying to use the Report Wizard and the docbook filter and
haven't been able to make them work - this might explain why.

Cheers,
jas.