CLI for noobies on cron

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 6 07:14:01 2004

Friends:

Joe Barr has written another Command Line Interface for Newbies article,
this one on the uses (and abuses) of the built-in alarm clock for Linux,
cron:

"CLI for noobies: stay regular with cron and crontab"

<http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=04/04/04/1544250>

Personally, I have always thought that cron would be tremendously
useful, but have found the syntax very confusing. Therefore, I am
looking forward to learning something from this article.

Best wishes,
Clint

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: