Baffled by Airport: the epilogue

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 7 21:15:03 2004

Mr. Maier:

Francis X. Maier wrote:
> Folks, trust me, I'm 55 and I've worked with computers for 20 years. So
> this is embarrassing.
>
> The Airport card wasn't working because, uh, I hadn't plugged in the
> antenna to the card.

Well, it's nice to know that you *finally* found your solution -- and
learned an awful lot about wireless networking in Linux to boot!

I am only slightly younger than you, and I make such mistakes every day
before breakfast, so don't be embarrassed.

I just finished troubleshooting a vexing firewall problem in Mac OS X.
Got several members of our IT department involved. It turns out I forgot
to turn off some software I had installed 1-1/2 years ago. Now *that*
was embarrassing.

Good night!

Best wishes,
Clint