'Sleep' Function

Tom Burke yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 8 03:32:01 2004

I'm trying to condition the battery in my iBook. I'm running the
battery down to 0 (or just above) as per the advice on the Apple
website.

However, YDL insists on putting the machine to sleep after just 5
minutes, and I can't find the control panel or setting configuration
that controls this! I'm running YDL 3.0.1 with a Gnome desktop. I've
looked at the ScreenSaver tool, and made sure that the Power Management
setting are set to something like 120 minutes, but that doesn't seem to
be it - it's not just the screen that going to sleep, it's the entire
machine that is going into standby mode after about 5 minutes. It's
obviously related to power saving because it doesn't happen when I'm on
main power.

Can someone tell me where this is set?

Tom Burke