Evolution bugs - upgrade?

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 9 19:10:02 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 16:43, Jim Hart wrote:
> The 1.2.2 version of Evolution on YDL 3.01 has some bugs and
> limitations. How can I upgrade it? YUM shows no versions available.
> Ximian provides only versions for Intel and Sun processors.
>
> I chose the Personal Desktop option when installing YDL, so don't have
> development stuff loaded. Trying to build things is a round robin of
> package installs to get needed libraries.
>
> Is there a PPC binary package somewhere that would work?

There is PPC binary pkgs but none will work. Thrust me, I tried.. most
of those files gave me a dependency-headache and the others was corrupt
and/or bad md5..

http://rpmseek.com/rpm-pl/evolution.html?hl=com&cba=0:E:140:::9

Actually, i severely screwed my installation compiling dependencies from
source (multiple version installed=bad) That is sad but I guess we will
have to wait for a YDL specific package... :( Anyway, Evolution (Ximian)
is now a pay-for-it software and is pretty much x86 only..
www.xixian.com