Printing to an Epson Stylus Photo 750

Thomas Carlson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 11 10:05:04 2004

Thanks for the reply, Geoff.  Yes, I had seen your posts relating to
installing foomatic drivers from www.linuxprinting.org.  Aren't these
drivers already available through yum?  One can yum install
cups-drivers (this package isn't installed as a part of CUPS by
default!?) and see them listed in the CUPS web interface OK.  Problem
is,  while there are about four of them for the Epson Stylus Photo 750
they just don't work very well.  I get some initial output and can
print a test page OK, but when I try to change the resolution, etc. I
get pages of gibberish, or nothing.  The whole printing thing in YDL is
definitely FUBAR.  Wish they would spend some time getting a handle on
the basics like printing before they boldly head off into 64-bit land.

Tom