Promise Ultra66 ide card

Henry A. Leinhos yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 13 10:10:02 2004

Hi all,

I have a B+W G3 rev1 (300MHz) running YDL3.0+ (updated from freshrpms) with
a WD 120 GB drive hanging off a Promise Ultra66 ide pci card (I'm using this
card because the WD120 drive won't work with the rev1 ide interface).
Running the YDL kernel 2.4.20-8e kernel works great with this card, but if I
try to compile the newer -tss kernel from ppckernel.org, I boot ok, but
after a few minutes I the machine can't talk to the HD.  In both cases, the
PCI card is recognized as a PDC20262, but I noticed some changes for the
config options (the older kernel allows something called FAST_TRACK, or
something like that).  Does anyone have any experience with Promise IDE
cards ?

Thanks,
Henry

pdc202xx.c