YDL 3.0.1 - iBook2 video question

Micah Abbott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 13 19:00:36 2004

I've got an iBook2 (12", 500MHz, 192MB, 10GB, CD-ROM, Airport) that I
have recently installed YDL 3.0.1 onto.

So far I have been exteremely pleased with what I have found.

The only problem that I am facing, which I have not been able to
resolve, concerns the onboard video of the iBook.

The redhat-config-xfree86 command detects an ATI Rage 128 Mobility with
8MB of VRAM, which I believe is correct.  The driver it selects is the
r128 driver, but this is where the problem lies.  When the X server
tries to start, it bails out with the following messages:

(EE) R128(0): Cannot read V_BIOS (5)
Symbol drmAgpBase from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o
is unresolved!
Symbol drmGetInterruptFromBusID from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmCtlInstHandler from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol DRIGetDeviceInfo from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmCtlUninstHandler from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!

The easy fix to this is to use the fbdev driver, which looks fine,
however I am curious why the r128 driver isn't working.

I've used yum update to make sure I have all the latest packages, so I
believe that I am current.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Micah