Getting the Most Out of XMMS

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 16 07:21:04 2004

Friends:

Almost everyone likes XMMS, the Linux X Multimedia System -- it is
certainly *my* favorite Linux application. XMMS is the ubiquitous Open
Source MP3 and media player for GNU/Linux and several other systems. It
is quite nice (if sometimes a little frustrating ;-) ).

The folks at O'Reilly (and, if you own almost *any* book on Linux, you
have probably heard of O'Reilly & Associates) have released an
informative article by Rickford Grant on the uses and abuses of XMMS.

<http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/04/15/xmms_tips.html>

Now, if only XMMS had some legible "skins".... :-)

Best wishes,
Clint

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: