Error making network connection, and mounting file servers

Longman, Bill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 16 14:49:01 2004

> Also, I wish there were a GUI way to mount file servers outside of K
> apps. I've had to resort to a lot of command line stuff to mount and
> unmount servers, including changing setuid settings on 'mount' and
> 'smbmnt' so that I could have non-root access to my shares.
> Not for the
> inexperienced!

Jim, all you have to do is add the "user" setting in the /etc/fstab file.
Then you can mount and unmount the filesystem as your userid. Don't monkey
with the setuid stuff, you are hammer and chiseling!