LaTeX

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 20 15:54:01 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 11:31:35AM -0500, Tom Vawter wrote:
> I want to use Latex on YDL in the easiest possible way.  Kile?  LyX?
> Suggestions?

I would suggest using either emacs or xemacs with the auctex package
(http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/), reftex
(http://zon.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/reftex/) and preview-latex
(http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net/).  Both emacs and xemacs come
with reftex and preview-latex is pretty easy to install.  Xemacs comes
with auctex installed, though you may need to set some variables for
your system, for emacs you need to install auctex manually.

With these installed compiling, viewing and printing LaTeX files can
be done from inside emacs and they offer a lot of facilities to check
your input and automate a lot of tasks.

--
Stephen Harker                           Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics & Materials Engineering