Giving up Windows?

Kenneth Browne yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 22 19:21:01 2004

William Herold wrote:

> I'm an old Microsoft developer (yes, I even worked for Bill many years
> back) but I'm considering ditching my Windows laptop for a PowerBook
> with a dual boot OSX / Linux configuration. I'm a bit nervous - has
> anyone else on this list made that switch? Is there anything you
> miss? My work machine will still be a Windows box & I'd like to be able
> to take some work home. Does anyone here use Virtual PC in addition to
> Yellow Dog? The idea of three OS's on one box makes my head spin...

Running YDL 3.0.1, Mac0S9.2.2, and Virtual PC 2.1 with Win 98 on an
*old* PPC5500. So far haven't got OSX to install but ExPostFacto may
make that possible soon. In the meantime I'm looking for a cheap Mac box
that I can do the above...i.e. FOUR OS's running on the same sysems;-)

--
clacking the keys in Old Sturbridge Village, MA

"Open source is good." - Steve Jobs
  "Open source is evil." - Microsoft