Custom "start screen"

Henry A. Leinhos yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 23 09:28:02 2004

emil@vanster.nu writes:

> Hello
>
> Is it possible to show some other graphics than that yellow dog-logo when ydl boots? How difficult is it? Is it possible to change the text that shows after the logo, or hide it somehow?
>
> A friend and I are working on a hobby console linux box-sort of project :)
>
> /Emil

If you are talking about the boot process (either the peguin logo or YDL),
and also want to get rid of the text output during boot, then you may be
interested in the Linux Progress Patch, though I'm not sure about PPC
support:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lpp-themes/

Otherwise, I think the logo at bootup comes from a bitmap somewhere in the
kernel source (that's kind-of obvious, I know, but I don't recall exactly
where it is at the moment).

Henry