x.org

Krischan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 26 06:13:01 2004

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 20:03:50 -0500
"David C. Hacker, DVM" <dhacker@westriv.com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried installing x.org x server on ydl?   I compiled it on
> my gentoo ppc system and it seems a whole lot faster.  I am not very
> familiar with compling on ydl though.  Just curious.
> David C. Hacker, DVM
> 212 N 1st St #2
> New Salem, ND 58563
> (701) 843-8179

Hello David,

yes. I got it compiled on my iBook g3 800mHz running ydl 3.0.1. I can't tell if it is any faster, however I got rid of that anouing flickering of the backlight during xserver start up.
But al always: If you fix one problem (flickering of backlight) ther will always be an other one: Now running the x.org server the xserver will not start if it is supposed to use the dri extension. Now I can't play crack attack anymore, buhuhuhu wah wha ;-)

Chan