Non Apple Wifi cards.

Henry A. Leinhos yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 26 10:45:03 2004

I've got a Wallstreet PB running YDL 3.0+ with a ZoomAir 802.11b card (cost
me <$35 total with shipping), and uses the orinoco drivers :

# /sbin/lsmod
orinoco_cs              6504   1
orinoco                36816   0  [orinoco_cs]
hermes                 10944   0  [orinoco_cs orinoco]
ds                      9984   2  [orinoco_cs]
yenta_socket           13744   2
pcmcia_core            55040   0  [orinoco_cs ds yenta_socket]

It talks to my Netgear WiFi AP/router fine, and sets up the network (eth1)
automagically when I put the card in (assuming all the kernel modules are
loaded -- I haven't got *that* process quite automated).

Henry