macromedia plug-ins

Julian Opificius yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 27 17:10:02 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:27:53 -0500
Clinton MacDonald <clint.macdonald@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Sure enough :-)

> Around here we call Bill "Longman but Short Answer." :-)
>
> I assume he meant, "BZZZZT. I'm sorry, but the answer is that the
> plug-ins are *NOT* available."
>
> Really, his answer was quite pithy (if also quite unintelligible). :-)
>
> Best wishes,
> Clint
> (who, after Googling for "Asperger Adult," wonders if he has it:
> <http://autism.about.com/cs/adultswithasd/a/adults_w_asperg.htm>)

Oh, be not surprised - most programmers, techies, and university professors have
it at some level - they just don't know it.

If you've ever spent just a little too long focusing on one seemingly trivial
thing, you might have it. If you have a great attention to detail, and it
matters to you that you get something just right, you might have it. If you've
ever had the suspicion that you're on the wrong planet, ditto. If you seriously
wonder why people hurt each other, lie, tease, bully, etc, and it really bothers
you, ditto. If you have a propensity for big words, for for putting your foot in
your mouth unintentionally, ditto. If you spent more time in high school with
nerds than with jocks ... you get the picture.

Asperger Syndrome (aka "High Functioning Autism") is just one color on the
rainbow of autism.  It's only considered a disability because people these days
worry more about socialization and being "touchy-feely" than they do about
getting good grades and finding a cure for cancer.

Bartok, Mozart, Einstein ... you'd be among the best :-)

Oh, and it's hereditary - both my sons have it too. That' how I found out I
wasn't "just wierd".

Ultimately, it's just "normal times 10": nothing to worry about.

Good luck in your discovery!

julian.